fbpx
SRH vs MI

SRH vs MI: Cummins & Pandya lead Hyderabad and Mumbai in a must-win encounter

SRH vs MI: Cummins & Pandya lead Hyderabad and Mumbai in a must-win encounter

 

With the IPL fever taking over the internet, cricket fans are looking forward to tonight’s iconic clash between SRH vs MI. With the lights shining bright over the 22 yards of the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, tonight will be crucial for both the teams to bag a win.

Both the teams began the tournament with disappointing losses, with Hyderabad losing to Kolkata, and Mumbai losing to Gujarat respectively. Today’s match between Hyderabad vs Mumbai might play as the deciding factor as to which team will climb up the ladder towards playoffs, and who will fall behind!

Hyderabad and Mumbai have played a total of 21 matches so far, and will face off again for the 2nd time in IPL 2024. SRH having pocketed 9 wins out of the 21, MI holds a cemented foot against the opposition, having logged 12 wins.

To spice up the game, let’s have a quick look at the scoreboard. Hyderabad’s highest total against Mumbai is 200, while the vice versa stands at 235. In the last 5 IPL matches between SRH vs MI, the latter have had 4 wins. SRH last secured a win against MI in IPL 2022.

Though the past statistics do matter, tonight’s encounter promises to be a pure thrill. The tide can favor either team during any instantaneous point of time, fueling the potential of winning for both teams.

Don’t miss tonight’s eminent face off between SRH vs MI. Watch live cricket for free only on Winexch and inculcate the thrill and lively stadium atmosphere in your home, from the comfort of your couch!

Missed the match? No worries, we have got you covered. You can watch cricket highlights today to see the match replay, and stay updated with every hook and crook of cricket news happening across the globe.

 

A quick overview: Hyderabad has a chance at redemption

Hyderabad boasts a passionate and vocal fanbase, and the Rajiv Gandhi International stadium is set to take the center stage tonight, with its well-renowned flat pitch, offering resistance to bowlers.

However, the pitch is batting-friendly, and batters have flourished here! In IPL 2017, David Warner scored 127 at this venue. Alongside, Jonny Bairstow clinched a whopping 114 in the same match.

Hyderabad holds the record for being the highest run scorer as a team in IPL 2019, 231/2. Interestingly, the highest score to chase remains at 160. 

The team will primarily be drawing their strength from their strong home record in their home ground, having won 20 out of the 30 matches played in the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.

Hyderabad’s historical 14-run victory over Mumbai in IPL 2023 will still be fresh in their minds, and they will be looking forward to replicating the same in tonight’s match. 

Mumbai, on the contrary, will be desperately looking for a gap to bounce back after a narrow six-run defeat in their opening encounter with Gujarat, headed by Subhman Gill. 

MI’s record at this stadium can be said to be well-balanced, with 4 wins and 4 losses in total, out of the total 8 matches that have been played so far. However, taking over the 5-time IPL champions won’t be an easy task for Cummins.

Watch live cricket for free and witness today’s spine chilling encounter between SRH vs MI from the comfort of your sofa!

 

Key players to watch out for

Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)

Mayank Agarwal

Establishing a strong base at the top of the order will be largely dependent on the graceful opener. Against a strong MI bowling attack, his ability to shift strikes and find boundaries early on will be crucial.

Aiden Markram

The middle order benefits greatly from the South African batsman’s extensive international experience. If SRH is to post a competitive total, it will be largely dependent on his ability to quicken the scoring rate in the middle overs.

Heinrich Klaasen

With a valiant half-century, the wicket-keeper batsman was the only bright spot for SRH in their first game. He is an essential part of the SRH machine because of his potent batting and keen wicket-keeping abilities.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

The MI batsmen will find the veteran pacer’s swing bowling difficult, especially with the new ball. For SRH, his bowling knowledge at this location will be priceless.

Marco Jansen

The youthful left-arm pacer from South Africa gives the offense another angle. For SRH, his quickness and bounce in the wicket-taking department might be a game-changer.

 

Mumbai Indians (MI)

Rohit Sharma

Even if the “Hitman” did not score in the opening game, MI still needs his leadership and experience. He has the ability to completely change the course of the game with one massive hit.

Ishan Kishan

The dynamic left-hander will be trying to atone for his ejection from the last game. For MI to score runs quickly, he must be able to take on bowlers right away.

Suryakumar Yadav

An essential component of the MI batting lineup is the erratic hitter. His ability to find openings in the field and his 360-degree batting stroke will be vital for MI.

Jasprit Bumrah

The MI attack’s pace leader will be trying to return to his habit of taking wickets. The SRH batsmen will be seriously threatened by his ability to bowl yorkers late in the game.

Piyush Chawla

The seasoned leg-spinner gives the MI bowling attack vital control and variety. His bowling background in Hyderabad may come in handy, particularly when facing players like Rahul Tripathi and Abhishek Sharma.

 

Pitch & Weather conditions

Despite the evident fact that the clash between Pandya and Cummins will be worth witnessing, let’s have a closer look at the numbers that will spice up today’s game even more.

The pitch at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium is known for being flat, posing several challenges to bowlers. However, that’s a treat to the batters as the pitch facilitates them in putting up a strong total in the scoreboard.

In recent IPLs, teams batting first have averaged putting up strong totals, with an average first innings score ranging from 175-180.

Hyderabad weather forecast predicts clear skies with no rainfall, and the temperatures will average between 29 and 31 degrees celsius. 

Google’s win probability is predicting a 44% chance of win for Hyderabad, and a 56% probability for Mumbai.

Whatever the outcome is, tonight’s match promises to leave cricket fans across the globe on the edge of their seats. Watch live cricket for free and witness the royal clash for yourself.

Even if you miss the live face off, you can always come back later and watch cricket highlights today to stay updated on top of every cricket news happening worldwide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *